Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Sign from Heaven


When I say each of the following words, you respond with the appropriate response. 
 
Crowd: "Grumble, Grumble, Grumble"
Jesus: "Teacher! Rabbi!"
Sign: "Slow Down: Proceed with Caution!"
Bread: "Mmmm, Yum!"
Moses: "Holy Moses!"
Manna: "What's that?"
Heaven: "Alleluia!"

A sign from heaven.  After eating their fill of bread and fish the crowd went looking for Jesus.  When they found him on the other side of the Sea, the crowd said to Jesus, "Rabbi, when did you come over here?"  Jesus answered them, "Very truly, I tell you,  you are looking for me, not because you saw a sign, but because you ate your fill of bread.  Do not work for food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life."  The crowd said to him, "What sign are you going to give us then, so that we may see it and believe you?  Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, 'Moses gave them manna from heaven to eat."  Then Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, it was not Moses who gave you Manna from Heaven, but it was my Father who gives you true bread from heaven.  For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."  The crowd said to Jesus, "Sir, give us this bread from heaven always!"  Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

No comments:

Post a Comment