Monday 31 March 2014

Confessions of a Raving Lunatic


Cast and props:
Raving Lunatic
God [represented with a bulb and an Amaryllis]
Use the white cloth to whip it through the air every time the word breath or breathe are said to signify when to say "Whoosh!"

Whenever we hear the word "Breath" we all say WHOOSH!

[Raving Lunatic runs up the center aisle panting]

Raving Lunatic: You won't believe what happened to me!  God came upon me and brought me by his breath to the middle of a dry valley that was full of dusty old bones!  God led me around.  There were bones everywhere all dried up!

[The bulb and amaryllis pop out
 
God: Mortal!
 
Raving Lunatic: God spoke to me!
 
God: Mortal!  Can these bones live?

[Raving Lunatic looks to the Amaryllis and bulb]

Raving Lunatic: 'O Lord my God!  Only you know!'  I replied.

God: Speak to these bones and say to them: 'O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.  God says to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.  I will lay sinews on you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am God!'

[during the following section we need slow quite non-rythmic druming/thumping/clapping, maybe the rainstick that picks up and gets faster and louder throughout so that Raving Lunatic has to shout above the noise]

Raving Lunatic: So I did as I was told and I spoke.  Suddenly there was a noise, a rattling and the bones came together, bone to its bone.  I looked and there were sinews on them and flesh had come upon them and skin had covered them; but there was no breath in them yet.

God: Speak to the breath, speak, mortal, and say to the breath, Thus says God: Come from the four winds, O Breath.  And breathe upon these slain, that they may live."

Raving Lunatic: So I did as I was told and I spoke. And the breath came into them and they lived and stood on their feet.  A great many of them!

[the noise stops abruptly]

God: Moral, these bones are the whole house of Israel.  They say to me, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are cut off completely' therefore speak to them and say, 'Thus says your God: I am going to open your graves, and bring you up from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you back to the land of Israel.  And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves, and bring you up from your graves, O my people.  I will put my breath within you and you will live, and I will place you on your own soil; then you shall know that I am your God and have spoken and will act.

No comments:

Post a Comment